Tuesday, 11 February 2014

My top 5 most used winter haircare products

1. Toni and Guy Creative Hold Hairspray. 
I have been using this hairspray well into the last year and maybe even beyond. Toni and guy never fail to impress me when it comes to hairsprays; this one has a flexible hold and doesn't leave your hair too sticky. The scent is probably the best I have ever found in a hairspray and good smelling hair is always a plus! It is fairly easy to brush out but I wouldn't suggest using copious amounts and expecting it to brush out without a little pulling. All in all probably my favourite hairspray yet.

2. Loreal Paris #TXT volumising spray.
My hair at the moment is on the boring and fairly flat side of things and so anything which can give it a bit of a boost for nights out or updos appeals to me. I have seen many adverts for this particular brand and I am a fan of the Loreal Paris brand already. This is another spray which smells pretty damn delicious! I have used it on several occasions now, for different styles and although it does give hair a boost, I wouldn't compared it to the hold of backcombing it yourself. I like this product but the main con I have found is that my hair felt dirty and almost greasy by the end of the day after using it. Maybe I used too much, but I am not sure whether I would purchase this again. 

3. Lee Stafford Nourishing Miracle Oil.
Argan oil is huge in the hair and beauty industry at the moment and I was lucky enough to grab this product in a goody bag at the Company Magazine Christmas Party. I have used Lee Staffords products in the past but this hair oil has changed warmed me to the brand even more. I have used the Argan oil conditioner from Lee Stafford and did find it made my hair feel a little "over moisturised" and sticky. This oil however is a saviour for rubbing onto the ends of hair after a good wash and brushing through gently. You can also use it on dry hair to smooth flyaways. All in all I do think it lives up to the claims. My hair certainly seems to enjoy this treat a few times a week!

4. NAKED Sunflower and Cinnamon Protecting Shampoo
My hair has been pretty badly beaten up in the last five years of so from colouring experiments, bleaching and copious backcombing through my teenage years. These days I try to look after it as well as I can and stumbled across this range in Boots. I also purchased the matching conditioner and they are both aimed for people with chemically treated hair. I love the smell of cinnamon and so this shampoo smells gorgeous to me. It does take longer to lather up compared to other brands but as they claim to be 97% natural and against animal testing I am more than happy to put a bit more work into it. This range does leave your hair shiny and soft and almost tangle free. I will definitely purchase again and maybe try one of their other shampoos.

5. Tangle Teezer
I actually purchased this brush over a year ago now and would never look back. I got a purple, glittery Tangle Teezer in my local Boots when I was wearing extensions and wanted something gentle yet effective at detangling. This is probably one of my all time hair care products and I would definitely recommend this to anybody with hair longer than shoulder length, I have even used it when I was sporting a bob, so it really lives up to the hype. Whilst working in a salon and spa in Chelsea in the past, all of the stylists swore by this brush and I don't blame them!

No comments:

Leave a thought

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS