Friday, 16 May 2014

Pastel paradise

I have been absolutely addicted to everything pastel this month. Pastel pinks, lavenders, blues, you name it, I'm drooling over them.

Summer is well on it's way and pretty pastels and candy colours are popping up everywhere and they are the perfect pop of colour for the bright spring days we are seeing lately. Here are a few of my favourite purchases from the last couple of months.


Pictured Above: Blush! candle by Lilyflame, Essie Nail Polish in Lovie Dovie, Topshop nail polish in Occupational Therapy, Floral Headband by New Look, Fentimans Rose Lemonade, Essie glitter polish in Sparkle On Top, Eternity Summer EDP by Calvin Klein, Topshop matte nail polish in Heartbreaker, Lace glass votive holder by Yankee Candle, Pink striped fleece picnic blanket by Sainsburys and The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook.

I have been collecting lots of pastel accessories for the home, ready for the summer months ahead! Lilyflame create the most delicious smelling candles and although I am a huge fan of Yankee Candle, I am slightly obsessed now with Lilyflame candles.. especially the scent Blush! which has the most amazing floral, feminine, perfumed scent and you really do have to smell it when you next spot one to see what I mean. Another great scent for summer is Eternity Summer by Calvin Klein. Released for the sunshine season, it is again a very floral and summery scent with notes of fruit and white musk.. (GORGEOUS).

Fentimans Rose Lemonade has now topped my list of favourite drinks and I will be keeping well stocked throughout the warmer months; it is non alcoholic and has such a lovely rose flavour. I think the pretty pink colour makes it a perfect girly drink too!


 Essie and Topshop are currently my favourite nail polish brands as they have such a huge range of shades; from eye watering neons to these charming pastels above. Adding an iridescent glitter topcoat such as Sparkle On Top by Essie to any pastel shade really makes the colour pop and looks gorgeous glittering in the sunshine! I am also loving Heartbreaker by Topshop at the moment; a matte finish in a subtle yet very pretty and feminine shade of pink.



Pictured above is a wonderful cookbook by The Hummingbird Bakery. Famous for their cupcakes and rich chocolate brownies, this cookbook lets you in on some of their secrets to success; from how to make the perfect cream cheese frosting, to carefully infusing ingredients and creating perfectly perfumed lavender cupcakes. I'm super excited to get baking with the help from this book and I will be posting my cupcake creations next week! I hope you have enjoyed my pastel inspired post and if you have any questions on the items I have talked about feel free to comment or send me a tweet! 
Happy Friday! xx

No comments:

Leave a thought

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS