Friday, 20 June 2014

Weekend essentials


With the weekend approaching I have packed these bits (and many more) for my stay at my boyfriends. I have been loving dark colours this month and I picked up some super comfy high waisted checked trousers from the Topshop sale today. I have had my eye on them all month and spotted them in the sale, and of course, had to pick them up. These would look perfect teamed with a simple cami or cropped tee on a warm summers evening.


My black leather look skinny jeans from Topshop are currently my go to jeans; they are so versatile; I like to wear them with a brightly coloured top during the summer months to give the outfit a pop of colour against the black. 

I found the mint green and coral notebook today in Waterstones; it has a really cute print and an elastic band attached, to keep it closed when it's tumbling about in the bottom of your bag. I'm trying to keep myself more organised this year and will be popping blog post ideas in there and anything else I need to quickly jot down! Waterstones have some gorgeous stationery right now in tons of beautiful prints and colours.

Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW foundation from Benefit is currently my favourite foundation to wear alone for a toned down, lazy weekend make up look. It has a dewy, natural look and with a swipe of eyeliner and mascara it is all you need if you want a natural glow on a sunny weekend. It also contains SPF 25 which makes it a perfect summer staple.

Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan has been my total favourite book this year so far. It is a truly addictive read and it really put me into a summer daydream. I grew up taking holidays in Cornwall so I can really relate to the feel of this story; It is a brilliant read for a chilled day in the garden, or even better, a scorching holiday by the pool!

My recently acquired tortoiseshell Rayban Wayfarers are something I now can't be without this summer. These are a timeless fashion accessory and not only that, keep me from squinting at everyone in the sunshine! They are a handbag must throughout summer.

No comments:

Leave a thought

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS