Saturday, 20 September 2014

Mini homeware haul

It's certainly no secret to anybody who knows me, that I'm pretty much a shopaholic. Food, clothing or bits and pieces for the home are all things I love to browse and buy when I'm out and about.. so here are a few homeware items I have picked up this month.


I adore the NYC apartment style and the industrial vintage trend at the moment. There are so many gorgeous homeware items out in the shops right now. I'm always searching the internet for great deals too, especially for reclaimed wood furniture, vintage city maps or simply cute and quirky accessories! The heart shaped chopping board above is from Next Home, as is the pastel blue plate. The oriental style pastel blue and coral bowl is from Waitrose. I always seem drawn to buying bowls. Don't ask me why..! 


I picked this gorgeous world atlas and gazetter map of lower Manhattan up from Etsy. I'ts original and I believe it is from around 1938, so it is definitely a little bit of vintage and it's going to look amazing once framed! Etsy is a brilliant place to find really unique, interesting and hand crafted or vintage items online.


Waitrose have some lovely homeware items in store and online which is where I found this cute, kitsch mug. I adore the pastel colours and sketchy pattern on this. I can't wait to fill it up with a hot chocolate one evening this winter!


This big, industrial inspired wire basket is from Home Sense. A big favourite of mine, this home store stocks all sorts of homeware at cheaper prices. You can always scout out some amazing deals on beautiful items so it's always worth a visit if you're passing by. This was originally going to be used as a washing basket, as I needed something to carry the wet washing from the machine to hang; although it looks super trendy just sitting in my hallway and brings a vintage vibe to the usually bare and boring area. The tea towels hung on the basket are from Sainsburys and look fabulous and classic in any kitchen.

Thank you for reading, comment below and let me know where you shop for your homeware.

(If you write a blog too, don't forget to post the link as I will always take the time to have a nosey!)




5 comments:

  1. I looove shopping for homeware things! I usually have to be dragged away by my boyfriend lol. I especially love the wire rack! That would be so useful and it just looks different and vintage anyway <3 !
    Lovely post Becky ^__^

    Jemma :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are stunning! I don't like shopping, not for clothes or homeware!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! Jemma I know the feeling, mine too! Melissa I couldn't imagine not enjoying shopping, although my bank would probably be better off. :') xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely buys! The mug is so cute :) Home ware is one of the nicest things to buy, i just wish i had my own place that i could decorate! x

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mug too! I started getting a few bits and bobs before I moved out, it's nice to grab little things before if you really like them :) x

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS