Sunday, 7 September 2014

Salted caramel brownies for cosy, autumn evenings in your pyjamas.


Rich, dark chocolate brownies drizzled in golden, creamy salted caramel. Hello September!


I've been getting into the autumn zone as of late, as you do.. unashamedly obsessing over scarves, big coats and knitted bobble hats! I really wanted to bake something that I felt was autumnal too; it's a little early for pumpkin pie I feel, but salted caramel definitely reminds me of autumn so I decided to team it with a chewy chocolate brownie. Sweet and salty flavours are notorious for pairing up beautifully and this combination really hits the spot. They are a perfect treat for the cosy, dark, autumn evenings approaching..

Yet again, my Hummingbird Bakery cookbook came out this weekend and I whipped up a batch of their traditional brownies; moist and gooey inside yet perfectly crisp on the outside. These beauties are such a classic and always go down incredibly well. You can use the same recipe as I did or any good brownie recipe; just ensure you use good quality dark chocolate. The salted caramel sauce I paired them with was surprisingly easy to make; I used a very simple recipe from Sainsburys. You can steal it too, just click here.

For the perfect sauce, simply follow their recipe and make sure that you keep your eyes on the pan at all times. If it starts to bubble, take the pan off the heat as it will burn otherwise. If you want a thicker sauce, like pictured above, leave it to cool or pop in the fridge for an hour and then drizzle over the brownies to your hearts content. The messier and stickier, the better..

The salted caramel sauce recipe makes more than enough to accompany the brownies. I have a rather large jugful of this leftover in my fridge.. although it won't go to waste. This will keep for a good few days in the fridge and is the perfect accompaniment to a bowlful of vanilla ice cream or as a dip for some sliced granny smiths and other tart fruit. You could even pour some into tiny jars, decorate with twine, cute labels or stickers and then give them away as gifts!




Thumbs up and share if you enjoyed this post or comment and let me know what autumn sweet treats you love.

Thank you for reading!


10 comments:

  1. Mmmm this looks soooo yummy. I might need to try it out!

    Love,
    Iram @ Lovestruck for Louboutins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. This looks amazing. After the post-holiday diet this will be number one on my to-bake list!

    xx
    Lore
    www.thesundayblah.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys! They were pretty damn tasty. Definitely worth having as a naughty treat! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these look tasty. I love the look and sound of salted caramel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm having to stop myself from licking my screen. These look sooooo delicious!

    http://www.megsiobhan.co.vu/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you I'm glad you all think they look so tasty! As always I will check out all of your blogs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not need to see this after finding out I need to lose weight today! YUM.

    Best wishes, Danielle xo
    underlandtowonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. My. Goodness. Me.
    These look AHHHHMAZING!!
    Oooh, the things I'd do to have one of these right now to accompany my cup of tea.

    Laura | elelibee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my god these look INCREDIBLE!!
    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get baking these girlies they're super scrummy if I do say so myself. I love hummingbird bakery recipes they always turn out so well ^_^ xx

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS