Monday, 29 September 2014

Sunday breakfast in Cambridge


Hello lovelies! I popped into Cambridge this Sunday for some scrummy breakfast and my oh my, what a beautiful city Cambridge is! Read on to find out what adventures I had...



First stop was Bill's for breakfast! Located in Cambridge city centre down gorgeous little Green Street, this restaurant started off as a grocery store in Lewes, East Sussex. I remember visiting the original store to buy blood oranges as a child and now they have really grown, expanding into many restaurants such as this one, dotted about the country. 




I chose Bill's buttermilk blueberry pancakes topped with banana, strawberries and drizzled in maple syrup. I also had a glass of  their orange, carrot and ginger juice. The food was good and very well presented but I was a bit disappointed to see the juice being poured out of a bottle.. freshly juiced fruit juice would have been so much better!

After breakfast we visited an extremely beautiful little home ware shop located close to Bill's. It is called Catesbys and is filled to the brim full of delightful home accessories, from cushions to candles. If you know me or read my blog regularly, you will be able to tell from the photographs that their home wares are just perfect for myself; right up my street. I cannot wait to revisit this store and grab some of the lovely bits and pieces for my own home! They even have a cute little cafe upstairs so you can grab a coffee and relax after browsing.




We also visited Thomas Bonas which have cute and quirky home accessories too. The glass boxes pictured below would be perfect hanging indoors with a candle or even a little plant placed inside!


I stumbled across an extremely chic and eclectic boutique named Lilac Rose.. it is packed full of unique jewellery, clothing and such delightful bits and pieces; all displayed in the most beautiful way! The store has given me some inspiration for my own home as all of the displays just looked so, so pretty.



After lots of time spent exploring the shops, we headed towards the open air market where we grabbed some fresh rainbow chard, beetroot and purple kale from one of the stalls. Buying from markets is such an affordable and eco friendly way of purchasing fruit and vegetables; they are usually much cheaper than in supermarkets, are sourced locally, use much less packaging and of course; you have a much wider choice of seasonal vegetables. We then visited the college grounds and canals in the city too which were outstanding and beautifully kept.






As Autumn is officially here, I decided to wear Rimmel lasting finish lipstick by Kate in 30; a dark berry colour. I wore dark wash high waisted skinnies from Topshop, a black long sleeved cropped top (also from Topshop) and teamed this all with my trusty white converses for a comfortable, casual Sunday look! 

I had such a perfect day in Cambridge and am already planning my next visit..

This concludes my post for today beauties, I really hope you enjoyed it! Let me know what you thought, I love reading all of your comments. x





4 comments:

  1. I've never tried buttermilk pancakes before, its something I've always wanted to try make! I have never been to cambridge but I can imagine its so idyllic. Great photography and lovely blog

    Fae xo | SodaBerries

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is, I never imagined it to have such quirky little shops etc. you should visit! Buttermilk pancakes are pretty damn good although I do prefer super thin crepes rather than american style.. thank you lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Bill's for breakfast just this morning! I was torn between the pancakes and the eggs benedict, and decided on the eggs in the end. Pancakes is definitely a go-go for next time though, they look yummy!
    I adore those little animal necklaces, so cute!

    Laura | elelibee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the atmosphere in Bill's, I actually wished I'd had the eggs benedict as the people across from us had it and it looked so good :') Yes, make sure you try them! xx

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS