Wednesday, 29 October 2014

Pumpkin pie problems, fluffy friends and Halloween homemaking


Halloween is almost here! 
Hello! Apologies as I have been a little bit absent from the blogosphere this last week or so. There is however a very good and extremely cute reason for it. I have two fluffy little additions to my household.. meet Winnie and Bear!

They are 12 week old Abyssinian guinea pigs. Bear is on the left, Winnie on the right. I'm the sort of person who needs to be around animals and nature to be truly happy, so after a long year of feeling down in the dumps at times and missing my countryside home; I decided to get some little baby guinea pigs to keep me company!


They are being kept indoors, have a big cage and lots of playtime in the evenings with me. Winnie is super tame already.. after a few days of coaxing her out, she's totally warmed up to me. Bear is the shy one out of the two and although she loves cuddles and playtime too, she has a long way to go before she's as tame as Winnie! They are both sisters and are very good natured and are the most lovely pets; I love coming home to these girls every night. You can look forward to future posts featuring these two cuties very soon!

Today I attempted and hugely failed to bake a pumpkin pie. I followed the Hummingbird Bakery recipe and it all seemed to go perfectly! It came out of the oven looking beautiful and I was feeling super proud right up until I realised I had forgotten to add the caster sugar. All 220g of it. It's safe to say nobody will be tucking into pumpkin pie tonight, that's for sure! I'm going to pop out later and repurchase the ingredients though as it's all about perseverance! I will succeed in baking a pumpkin pie to die for this Halloween...

I have carved a couple of pumpkins as always. I can't bear to have a Halloween without at least one jack'o'lantern, it's just tradition to me!


This Halloween I plan to eat lots of autumnal treats and watch my favourite film this time of year: The nightmare before Christmas. Halloween and Autumn are my favourite times of the year and I have been enjoying making my home look festive with lots of autumnal decor and colours. 


What have you got planned for Halloween this year?

Thanks for reading!
x


3 comments:

  1. OMG your guineas are sooo cute! My boyfriend and I were literally talking today about getting some! :) And this makes me want them even more haha :D
    Aww sorry to hear your Pumpkin Pie failed, but I'm sure you'll make a fabulous one on the next attempt :)

    Jemma xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winnie is so cute! awww they are so cute

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Jemma you should definitely get some they make the best pets ever, so cute, cuddly and friendly ^_^ I'm attempting pumpkin pie part 2 today, I need some luck haha. Thank you lovelies, love reading your comments <£

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS