Thursday, 27 November 2014

Embellished gingerbread stars


One of my favourite things to do at this time of the year is bake goodies for friends and family. Warming, chocolate dipped gingerbread cut into festive shapes and sprinkled with sugary treats, is surely a gift anybody would gladly receive...




The weather is getting very chilly and all I want to do is stay snuggled indoors with candles lit and warm blankets surrounding me...

It was on a gloomy weekend recently that I baked these pretty little things with a little one. They were so easy to create and so scrumptious, that I have decided I am going to bake a super batch of them closer to Christmas time and distribute them as cute little gifts this winter. Baking has got to be one of the best activities you can do with your children at this time of the year when the weather is miserable; spiced, fragrant treats in the oven are sure to cheer you all up, once the smell of baking begins to waft throughout your home. Children of all ages adore getting messy with melted chocolate and colourful decorations, so this is a perfect festive activity if you want to get the kids involved.

All you need to do, is use a basic gingerbread recipe (I used Jamie Olivers, you can pinch it here) bake them until golden and enjoy them plain, warm from the oven, or allow to cool and adorn them with high quality, glossy melted chocolate, tart freeze dried berries and bright sweet treats. Package them in cellophane, garnish with a rustic raffia tie and a "home baked" sticker and these little gems make an excellent Christmas gift for loved ones. It is really so simple yet effective!







1 comment:

  1. Ahh I think I know what I'm baking this coming week... :)

    Jemma xx

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS