Sunday, 1 February 2015

Easy like a Sunday morning

The best Sunday mornings are simple, relaxed and involve a good book, delicious breakfast and a little bit of pampering...


My favourite breakfast at the moment is granola with freeze dried berries, splashed with almond milk and plenty of fresh berries on top. If I fancy something sweet I might add a little drizzle of runny honey... Oh, and a glass of  ice cold, not-from-concentrate OJ has to be one of the best drinks to accompany breakfast; after a strong, dark coffee, that is...

I'm beginning to look forward to warmer months, when I can swap out citrus and seasonal wintry fruits for more tart, colourful berries and summer fruits. Summer fruits are definitely my favourite and they really brighten up a breakfast bowl, adding tons of vitamins and antioxidants too.

A softening bath bomb, such as Butterball by Lush is perfect to relax with on a late Sunday morning after breakfast. Everybody loves an evening pamper session before bed, but a soothing bath is a really great way to slowly wake up and prepare for the day ahead, whether you plan to slip into another pair of PJ's straight after, or not.


This weekend I finally purchased "How to be Parisian wherever you are" by Caroline de Maigret and Anne Berest. I can't wait to get stuck into it, it's one I've had my eye on for a little while. I want to incorporate more reading into my sometimes hectic lifestyle and try to take time out from the internet in the evenings; I can so easily plan on having an early night or to watch a movie in the evening, yet end up staring at my laptop screen into the early hours, doing neither. Procrastinating online can be completely addictive and we all know we partake in this a little. Which is okay, but when it's beginning to be every night, I think you need to remember to switch off a little earlier, grab a book, or pop on a film and take some time out.

Reading is so important and I love a book I can look forward to picking up in the evenings, or on a sleepy Sunday morning over breakfast. I now also prefer to read a physical book rather than use an E-reader. We already spend so much time now staring at bright white screens and electronic devices that sometimes, I think we need to just pick up a "real" book and enjoy that. Plus I enjoy having books dotted about my home, they certainly look far better than a tablet lying around or on a bookshelf!

What's your favourite way to spend a Sunday morning?

Let me know if there are any books out right now that you can recommend too, I'll add them to my reading list!

2 comments:

  1. i'm definitely looking forward to spring at the moment, thanks to this horrid weather we are experiencing at the moment

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I hate being cold so I'm desperate for some warmer spring days soon! xx

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS