Friday, 4 December 2015

Winter Beauty Favourites 2015


During the colder months this year, I have been adoring these key pieces so much that they are now, without fail, an essential part of my every day winter make-up routine... 



Shorter days and dark mornings mean waking up and getting ready is even more of a chore than usual sometimes. Instead of my usual darker, berry lip that I usually wear during Autumn and Winter, Mac's Velvet Teddy has been my go-to colour recently. This well pigmented, long lasting, matte nude shade requires little to no maintenance throughout my busy working day and unlike darker shades, you don't have to worry about smudges or keeping it perfectly applied.

After searching for a suitable foundation for my combination skin for what feels like forever, I have finally settled with Macs' Studio Fix Fluid in NW18. Studio Fix Fluid boasts buildable coverage and a long lasting formula, which certainly lasts the day for myself. I have been using this foundation on top of Benefit's The Porefessional primer which leaves skin silky smooth and ready for the application of your foundation. I definitely find that my make-up lasts longer when I use this primer and so on especially long days or occasions where I may be out and about more than usual, I always use this underneath my Studio Fix Fluid. To cover any blemishes or pigmentation, I am currently reaching for Mac's Pro Longwear concealer, although I usually only use this when going out or on days where I need much more coverage.

I have previously written about Nars Highlighting Blush on this blog and ever since I first purchased the product, it has been my contour dream team when twinned with Mac's Matte Bronze Powder. I use these both on a daily basis and they complement each other perfectly; they are super easy to apply and both superbly pigmented. Both NARS and Mac include mirrors inside the compact and so are also perfect for on the go make-up application.

To keep my brows looking thicker and fuller, for the last year I have been absolutely loving Benefit's Brow Zings compact. This tidy little compact includes tinted brow wax, setting powder, a hard angle brush, a blending brush and the cutest little pair of tweezers, ever. Since I recently visited a Benefit Brow Bar to have my brows waxed and tinted, I have used this a little less, although it is still a strong contender for an all time favourite product. If I was stranded on a desert island, this would certainly be one of my make-up picks to take along with me!

Last but not least, I have been enjoying using Barry M's Quick Dry Nail Paint in shade Pitstop. This neutral, cool grey colour has certainly received many compliments and for a high street beauty brand, I was really impressed with the longevity and ease of application. In fact, I have yet to spot a colour by a different brand that I would prefer for the Winter this year!


Thank you for reading,
let me know below what your Winter beauty favourites have been so far this year!


No comments:

Leave a thought

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS